Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Promises


zucchini

Eggplant
Plum
Technically it's summer here now in Oz but it still feels like Spring. The days are in the mid 20s and we are still having lovely rain showers. All my new summer veggies are flowering away. I have some Eggplants (Long Purple) that have survived winter and have loads of those delicate lilac flowers promising delicious aubergines. Yum! I love these just sliced, sprayed with a little oil and baked in the oven. They are so versatile. I recently made a bruschetta style dip at one of my cooking classes and everyone loved it. I can post the recipe if anyone is interested. All the fruit trees in the orchard are loving the cooler weather and wet conditions and are bursting with ripening fruit.
Royal Gala
 The birds get to a lot of the top fruits but there is usually enough to go around except for my figs so I net this tree. And by the look of them I need to do this soon.
I've posted a link to this really great gardening blog you may want to check out. It's one of my favourites.
Fig
Scarecrow's Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment